Li and I have just returned from a grand food festival here in Arequipa. It appears to be an annual festival here in the city that celebrates all types of Peruvian cuisine. The festival not only has many of the top items on display (for very reasonable prices), but it also provides live entertainment in the form of dance and song. Having attempted a salsa class the other night, it was nice to pause and watch people who really know how to combine all the moves into a fluid dance. We tried a lot of everything. Oddly enough they don't really do "taste" portions so we had to pay the usually $2-3 for each plate. Some were definitely better than others.
I'm having issues trying to upload the many photos of the event. I'll try to return to this post and add more photos when the connection is a bit faster.
Food = happiness.